Sennheiser is a well-renowned entity for audio gadgets. The company has spent decades in sound producing products, and has earned quite a name for itself. Headphones have been the real specialty of the manufacturers. We’ve seen quite a few Sennheiser headphones hitting the market and leading the charts for many years, and now they have come up with something unique.
Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock seems like a problem-solver for in-house music entertainment. Ever since they were launched, the wireless headphones have received thousands of customer reviews, which is an indication of its fame. Majority of headphone reviews have been positive, meaning people have accepted these headphones as an additional sound reproduction source.
In this post, we’ll examine whether Sennheiser RS120 can coupe up with your requirements, or should you look for any other option.
Unlike other headphones, Sennheiser RS120 feature open-back ear cups. While open-back design offers limited noise isolation, its more suitable for warm and detailed sound.
The open, supra-aural ear cups are heavily padded, giving hours of entertainment without causing any damage to your ears. The headband also has a comfortable padding so you wouldn’t feel extra pressure on your head while wearing them.
Sennheiser RS120 RF Wireless Headphones have extremely light weight. Seriously, with open-aire design and 7 ounce weight, you will not be bothered at all. Other headphones in the market can easily touch 1.6 pounds on average. So, technically, you don’t have to pause the movie in the middle to remove the headphones and relax a bit.
There is no need for additional audio cable with built-in controls, since control is located on the headphones. You can adjust the volume and tune your headphones with a single hand. Moreover, the headphones offer power-saving by featuring an on/off button on the ear cup.
The headphones come with a transmitter that connects to the audio source. The transmitter automatically turns on as the sound source is switched on, and shuts itself down 5 minutes after you turned off the audio source.
The wireless headphones can connect to any device that features analog audio output (headphone slot or RCA jack). It can connect to your TV, Hi-Fi stereo system, computer and mobile device. The headphones do not have Bluetooth compatibility.
To give you the peace of mind and value for your money, Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones offer 2-year international warranty.
- Disturbance-free experience: The obvious advantage of Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones is, you can watch your favorite movie on maximum volume without troubling other members of the family. Or you can listen to the music on the stereo system without troubling your neighbors. Not to mention about the cable-free listening which most of the people find ideal.
- Multiple listener connectivity: RS120 Wireless transmitter allows you to connect up to 100 headphones and have fun. This capability makes these headphones must-have for combined, yet pollution-free in-house activity. You can enjoy playing video games with your friends or have fun listening to the songs anywhere within 300-foot range.
- Long range: Sennheiser Wireless RF Headphones allow you to keep track of your favorite show, even when you’re not present in front of the TV screen. The RS120 system offers an impressive range of 300 feet. Its radio frequency can reach you through concrete walls and closed doors, providing consistent signal transfer and distortion-free sound.
- Better batteries: Unlike other wireless headphones, Sennheiser RS120 features NiMH batteries that have a longer life-span – up to 20 hours on single charge. They batteries are installed in the ear cups and you don’t have to remove them to recharge. Simply place the headphones on the RS120 transmitter and the batteries will be recharged.
- Ease of use: The wireless headphones have automatic on/off function. As the sound source is switched on, the transmitter automatically turns itself on. 5 minutes after the audio source was switched off, the transmitter shuts itself down to preserve energy and battery life.
- No wait/smooth signal transfer: With RF technology, the headphones will waste no time connecting to the audio source and produce sound. All you need is connect your transmitter with the audio source. Plus, RF technology offers more consistent signal transfer and 10 times longer range compared to Bluetooth technology. Even better, there are 3 RF channels to adjust to interference-free sound.
- Can work parallel to TV speakers: What if you don’t want to miss a single dialogue of your favorite TV show, but you cannot increase the volume? You can do it with RS120 headphones. They can work parallel to the TV speakers, so that others can also hear. At the same time, you have the luxury to increase/decrease volume of your headsets at your will.
- Stronger permanent magnetic field: These headphones produce stronger magnetic field that may interfere with ICDs (Implanted defibrillators) and cardiac pacemaker. So, if there is a heart patient with implanted cardiac pacemaker in the house, be careful using these headphones.
- Limited accessories: Another limitation of Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones is, they’re only built for listening. You don’t get the luxury of taking calls. Plus, there is no remote control for skipping/choosing songs. You have to do it manually.
Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock offer quite a few benefits, of which, convenience is certainly worth noticing. They’re for those people who are crazy about music, movies and games. They resolve the problem of sound pollution, especially in small apartments with neighbors living next to the wall, offering trouble-free experience.
- They may not be as efficient as Bluetooth headphones, but they’re better in terms of sound quality, signal range and signal quality, thanks to radio frequency technology.
- They offer powerful batteries that work longer than most batteries in the market
- They offer multiple-connectivity, allowing a group of people to have fun together.
- RS120 transmitter can be connected to any audio source, so they can be a good travel companions.
With thousands of happy customers recommending these audio gadgets, we had to recommend them too.